Spray Tan Preparation and aftercare
What you need to know:
- Exfoliate, shave or wax and moisturise the night before your appointment.
- The skin should be completely free of make up, perfume, deodorant and moisturiser these things cause a barrier on the skin and can affect the tan application.
- Wear or bring loose fitting dark clothes and footwear. The colour may rub off onto clothes but will wash out (it can stain some nylon and Lycra).
- It is best not to have a tan if you pregnant or breast feeding – purely as a precaution.
- Do not tint eye lashes or brows within 12 hours of a treatment.
After your appointment:
- Leave your tan for the recommended 12 hours to fully develop or even overnight
- Moisturise regularly – hydrated skin is essential in maintaining a longer life for your tan, he-shi aftercare products are perfect
- Avoid long hot baths or showers. Rubbing your skin may rub off your tan.
- Avoid swimming as chlorine can bleach your tan.
- Take care when exercising as sweating may cause your tan to fade unevenly.